One of the things I love about eating at a place like Baja Fresh or Rubios is the Chipotle Salsa. I love smooth, pureed salsa with lots of flavor and kick. This salsa recipe is just that! My husband loved this stuff and requested that it be made again - that is always a good sign!
1 can (14 oz) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 whole jalapeno, chopped
4 chipotle peppers in adobo, plus 2 tsp of the adobo sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
1 lime, juiced
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree. Transfer to a container and refrigerate.
I love, love, love this recipe!!!! I've been using it for years and everyone I've made it for wants the recipe! Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteReminder for self, remove the seeds from chipotle peppers so it’s not to spicy
ReplyDelete