Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wassail



When I was a newlywed I attended a church function where they served this wassail -- spiced apple cider if you prefer.  A wonderful lady named Lori made it.  I drank mug after mug of this stuff and then begged her to take home the leftovers.  I drank this stuff for days!  She shared the recipe and it has been a favorite ever since!

I love a warm drink in the cooler months, and wassail is my FAVORITE.  Not only is it warm and delicious, but it makes your house smell AMAZING!




1 Gallon Apple Juice or Apple Cider
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1 orange, sliced
2 tsp whole cloves
2 tsp whole allspice
3 sticks cinnamon
2 whole nutmeg

Mix cider, orange juice concentrate and sugar in a large pot. Add orange slices and spices, stir to combine. Heat just to boiling, the reduce to low and steep 1 hour. Remove spices by pouring mixture through a colander. Refrigerate any leftovers. Leave orange slices in.


No comments:

Post a Comment